Introduction (6-8 sentences)
Build up to thesis statement
Thesis statement (main idea of the essay + the three points you’re going to focus on)
I am from a unique family that is different from most, my family were all born in different places, they were all raised from low income, and are very family oriented.
Body paragraph 1 (8-12 sentences)
Topic sentence (main idea of the paragraph)
My grandmother and grandfather were both raised in similar ways.
Supporting details (examples of your topic sentence)
- they had low income families
- worked at such a young age
- were raised to work hard to earn what they wanted
Concluding sentence (ties whole paragraph together)
Body paragraph 2 (8-12 sentences)
In my family we have different kind of cultures and respect all, we have native american, Puerto Ricans, and hispanics.
- its a tradition at each gatherings we have dances and music
- at some gatherings we have a dance that my grandmother and grandfather do that tells a story
- each and everyone of us has to bring a food dish to our gatherings out of respect for the house were going too.
Body paragraph 3 (8-12 sentences)
My great-grandmother and great-grandfather from my grandmother side are very religious, they have strong beliefs in remedies, and in myths.
Conclusion (6-8 sentences)
Paraphrase thesis statement
Paraphrase your three topic sentences